Friday 11 May 2012

To All The Children On Mother's Day - Anak by Freddie Aguilar



I would like to dedicate this song to all the children on Mother's day.

Instead of focusing on Mothers, I believe the spotlight should shine on the children in all of us.

1 day of "quality time" do not make up for the rest of the 364 days of "after-thought".

I myself have 7 years of neglect to make up for...

No, I don't have to "celebrate" Mother's day this Sunday. 

Everyone of us honour our parents in our own way. I just hold her hands when we go out.


And below is Freddie Aguilar singing Anak in the original Filipino version. This monster hit song was translated and covered by other singers - as many as a hundred versions in 23 languages - all over the world! 


   

5 comments:

  1. Oh THAT'S the song! Omg, I didn't know the name till now :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad used to play this on the guitar often when we lived in the Philippines. Great song :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ronian!

      Glad you like this song too :)

      Filipinos are very talented in singing. I wish I were as spontaneous as them when it comes expressing my self in song and dance ;)

      I got to let my hair down more often! Opps!

      Delete
    2. Yeah I agree about the talent of the Filipinos. It was also amazing watching them sing and dance and make handicrafts during my ten years there.

      By the way, I finally wrote a short blog in answer to your question about why some stars blink! :-) Check it out in the below URL and let me know if it makes sense! Thanks!

      http://inopticalsolutions.blogspot.com/2012/05/why-do-stars-twinkle.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...