Monday 4 July 2011

I am an equities man-whore

Yes, I am an equities man-whore and proud of it! I make no apologies as I am what I am.

I flirt from stocks to stocks, always on the lookout for sugar mummies who can provide me the sugar rush I crave.

There are 2 kinds of sugar mummies:

1)     Those who promise to give me part of their estate (capital gains).

2)     And those who buy me smart clothes and blinks blinks (dividends).


Of course the best would be to find one that can provide me both! And I should be so lucky! (Concentrated position)  

Even if I am with a sugar mummy today, whenever a bigger catch comes along, I’ve no problem dropping my bird in hand to catch the phoenix in the bush. Must always climb to the top – each encounter is merely a stepping stone (portfolio re-balancing).

I’ve also been known string a few sugar mummies along at the same time (diversification).

But man! You should see the numbers of red-bulls I’ve to drink! Whatever to pick me up! And there are times I have to depend on the little blue pills (leverage)…

If a sugar mummy has fallen on hard times, I will drop her like a bad habit (cut-loss).

There’s no loyalty or gratefulness in my books; no money no honey! (When the reasons I bought are no longer valid, I’m out!)

Yes, I am cold like the hard cash in my bank account (no emotions).

There! Now that I’ve introduced myself, tell me something about yourself.

“Pretty woman, are you married?” (Are you married to your stock?)


6 comments:

  1. Hi SMOL

    I guess all of us in the stock market share some of the scenarios you've described :-)

    Be well and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee,

    Me trying out another style of writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SMOL,
    Look like you are very active in the markets. Power to you. Just make sure like everything else in life you are doing it within or better still below your means. "Soo A Kee Du Ho". "Hua HEE DU Ho".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Temperament,

    Thanks for caring. I appreciate it!

    I am not "active" in the market in the trading sense. I only make a trade once every few months nowadays. Last trade was last month to get from 25% to 35% cash. I am now in my capital protection
    mode.

    This post was inspired by a lively discussion at valuebuddies on whether it makes sense to average down:

    http://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-1241-page-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha now I see the origin of the man whore term :) oops I meant equities man whore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...