During range shooting, the above phrase is commonly used.
And we in the back row behind the shooters have to "echo" it loud loud ;)
We can also apply it to our life journey as well:
1) Don't shoot other people's target.
2) Pace yourself. There's time enough to finish the shots.
3) But don't wait too long as there's a time limit!
4) Aim, fire! Don't aim, aim, aim, aim, and still aiming!?
5) When I.A. happens, don't panic. Fix the problem yourself.
6) No matter what happens, don't point your rifle at anyone.
As in real life, there will be marksmen, and there will be "boh-boh" shooters. While the vast majority will be just "average".
If you are marksman, don't be too cocky... The targets are not shooting back.
If you are "boh-boh" shooter, don't be despondent... Isn't it nice to know you're not good at killing your fellow man?
Of the 6 metaphors above, point 1 & 6 are closest to my heart.
Which of the 6 strikes the most resonance with you?
It would be nice to share your reasons why.
We shoot the breeze together!
Or if you prefer, we can talk "male-chicken" like during our NS days :)